We're changing PAYG+ to PAYG Smart. Here's everything you need to know...
How PAYG Smart will work
- Top up anywhere, anytime - in the new app or at PayPoint shops as usual
- Enjoy some breathing space - get £5 emergency credit straight from each of your meters, or call us if you need more
- Always be in the know - if you've got an In-Home Display, this can tell you how much energy you're using and alert you when you're low on credit (find out about In-Home Displays)
- And if you run out of credit on weekdays between 4pm and 10am, or anytime on weekends and bank holidays - we'll make sure you don't lose power
What's different on PAYG Smart
- You'll get a new Boost app - we'll tell you all about it in a few weeks and give you a link to download it
- You can't track your energy use in the new app - but you can do it with the help of your In-Home Display (if you have one)
- £30 Emergency Boost won't be available in the new app - but you can activate £5 straight from each of your meters, or simply call us if you need more
- Our text, email, and app credit alerts will stop - but an In-Home Display can tell you when you're running low If you don't have an In-Home Display and want to get one, we'll be sending more info about how to do this, when we move you to PAYG Smart. We'll tell you all about these changes in more detail below.
How will I know when I move to PAYG Smart?
You'll get an email or letter reminder at least 5 days before the move, and another (with a link to download the new Boost app) when your brand-new plan kicks in.
Your energy balance
We'll simply move it to your new account. If you have dual fuel (that's both electricity and gas), your credit will be split 50/50. So we'll move half onto your electricity meter - and half onto your gas meter.
We'll move it to your PAYG Smart balance. You'll see it on your electricity meter, and pay it back at exactly the same rate as before.
No, once you move to PAYG Smart, your balance will only show on your meter's screen and In-Home Display. But you'll be able to see a history of the top-ups you make in the app.
Your new app
It's being replaced by a brand-new one. We're getting it ready for you, as we speak.
We'll give you a heads-up beforehand, and tell you what the next steps are. In the meantime, just carry on topping up and checking your balance as usual.
Soon - just wait for an email from us. We'll send it to you on the day you move to PAYG Smart, with a link to download it (this is when the old Boost app will stop working).
Once you have downloaded the Boost Top-up app from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store:
- Open the app, tap Sign In, then tap Forgot password.
- Enter the email address we've been using to contact you on and press Next.
- Next, choose a new password.
- Head to your email inbox - you'll see a Boost password reset email from us.
- Enter the code from this email into the Boost Top-up app and press Next.
- Choose a new password by following the instructions, and press Confirm.
- Last up, sign into the app - enter your email address and the new password you just created to sign in.
That's it! You'll stay logged in by default. You're now ready to top up in the app once you've added a card, or visit the shops with your in-app barcode.
Remember - your PAYG+ balance will move across automatically. You can also delete the PAYG+ app to keep your smartphone tidy.
Paying for your energy
When it's ready for you to use, you can top up with the new Boost app - just like you did with your old one. Or with your Boost payment card (or the barcode in the app) at any PayPoint shop. On PAYG Smart, you'll need to start topping up your electricity and gas separately. This lets you choose how much credit you'd like to add for each.
Due to restrictions of the current Covid-19 pandemic we are currently unable to issue new cards on request. However, if you wish to top up at the shop, you can use your barcode in the new app which can be scanned in store.
Winter Wallet is ending with PAYG+, so we'll stop your automatic daily savings. When we move you to PAYG Smart, we'll pop your savings into your account as credit.
We'll get in touch about all this beforehand.
Sure thing - that's still possible in the new Boost app. Once you've logged in for the first time, you'll be able to add your bank card(s).
No. You'll pay exactly the same rates for your energy as before.
The PAYG+ features
No, these features won't be available on your new plan. So it might be an idea to pop a reminder in your calendar to make sure you don't forget to top up.
Yes, it'll be exactly the same as before. You'll be able to apply and, if you get it, we'll add it to your electricity meter.
As always, we've got your back. If you can't top up straight away, there's £5 on each meter to help you keep the lights on. You can activate it using either:
- Your In-Home Display - just press the 'E Credit' button, and your balance will count down to £0 from £5, giving you enough time to top up before it runs out
- Your meter - here's a step by step guide to walk you through how to do it If your £5 emergency credit is running out and you need more time, you can get emergency credit for both fuels. Just call us and we'll activate it for you. Don't forget, if you run out of credit on weekdays between 4pm and 10am, or anytime on weekends and bank holidays - you won't lose power.
It won't be available in the new Boost app. Don't worry, though - you can activate £5 emergency credit straight from each of your meters. Or simply call us if you need more.
If you've got a question we've missed...
Fire away! Call us on 0330 102 7517 (Monday to Friday 8am - 6pm, Saturday 9am - 1pm) or just email us.
Our friendly team will be happy to help.