What to do in an emergency
In case of emergency
Don’t panic folks, this guide has got you covered.
If you smell gas
- Don’t use electrical switches or light naked flames
- Switch off gas appliances
- Open doors and windows
- Turn off the gas isolation switch (if you know where it is)
- Go outside
- Call the Gas Emergency Service on 0800 111 999
If you suspect a carbon monoxide leak
Open doors and windows
Call the Gas Emergency Service on 0800 111 999
If there’s a power cut
- Make sure there are no flipped switches in your fusebox.
- Wait a few minutes (power cuts don’t usually last long).
- Call your Distribution Network Operator on 105.
If you’ve topped up but your supply hasn’t come back on
You may need to top up again to ensure you have enough credit to get going again. If you have and you’re still not connected then call us on 0330 102 7517.
If you’ve lost your payment key or card
Call us on 0330 102 7517 and we’ll arrange a new one. It’ll be a £5 charge, to cover our costs.
If there’s an emergency with your meter
Call us on 0800 358 3523.